Sunday, March 9, 2008

Finally!

Technorella has frequently ranted that she receives Facebook "friend requests" from people who are a) her close friends in the real world or b) people she hasn't spoken to in years/met once.

Yesterday I received a friend request from someone in the middle. And it made me think that these kind of relationships are what social networking sites are really about (I mean, aside from online stalking).

To be specific, Rachel - a close friend of my close friend, Jen - asked me to be her friend. Rachel and I have spent a good amount of time together; she came to visit DC when Jen and I lived there, and for a good year we hung out a lot thanks to another mutual friend's wedding activities.

But, Rachel and I simply aren't close enough to keep in touch via traditional communications methods. Plus, she lives in Chicago, Jen lives in Portland, and I live in New York - so there's not a lot of opportunity to see each other anymore.

Still, I feel like it's nice to be connected to her on some level. In other words, she's the perfect Facebook friend.

No comments: