Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What?!


So, I just came across this press release from a company called ZuGiDoMe (I subscribe to Google news alerts on social networking; I'm not an insane person).
Here is the deal: the company (which is seeking investors, and whose patent is pending, FYI) is taking social networking mobile. Ideally, it will become relevant for business as well as personal use.
Basically, it uses laser technology to "connect" people. So, you're walking in midtown with your ZuGiDoMe laser device, and it "connects" to someone else's laser device - who is deemed compatible with you (via information about the two of you stored on ZuGiDuMe's site). You go back to your computer, log into your ZuGiDoMe account, check out the person's profile, and connect with the person online if you choose to do so.
The point, I guess, is to bring "real world" encounters and social networking together. Maybe this will be the new trend in social networking - or maybe it will go bust. Either way, I have to admit the demos on the site made me laugh out loud at my computer. The idea of lasers connecting people is just a bit much for Technorella. What ever happened to good old fashioned chemistry?

2 comments:

Eddie Radshaw said...

amazing...

Check this site... www.jotyou.com... it doesn't work on iPhones yet so I can't play, but still...

Miranda Duncan said...

Interesting! I think connecting with friends is one thing - the whole ZuGiDoMe laser is just a bit much...